As your leader, your job is about so much more than checking tasks off a to-do list and telling your staff what to do. You have the power to make a real difference in the business and in the lives of your employees.
You need to always be thinking about the big picture and how you can move the team and organization forward. You need to come up with ways to make things run more efficiently, to increase productivity and to simplify across the board. However, you have to do more than just think and plan. You have to act, starting today.
Right now, and every time your start your work day, ask yourself these questions. Convert your answers into action items and add them to your to-do list.
- What does my boss expect me to achieve? How can I delight my boss? Look beyond your job description to discover your boss’s goals and frustrations.
- What does my team need from me now? The answer to that could be anything from resources, to your time, to direction.
- What roadblocks can I remove today? An effective manager paves the way for team members to do their best work.
- Which relationships can I improve that will benefit my team and organization? As a leader you play a key role in ensuring that everyone works together, within and outside your team.
- What is our vision, and how can we make it a reality?
- What can I do to make a difference right now? Today? This week? This month?
What are the most important actions you took this week?
Photo Credit: http://www.freeimages.com/photo/hand-with-clipboard-1239817